How to Grow Your Shopify Business With Google Ads and SEOKenneth Nel
If you’re still viewing digital commerce as a secondary channel then you’re short-changing your business. You’re possibly losing out on traffic, sales and revenue.
That’s where your customers are.
With the Covid pandemic in our midst, online purchases are becoming increasingly popular as digital channels are proving to be the more viable and safer transacting option. The stats speak for themselves: according to Statista, there has been a large increase in online shopping as a direct reaction to the pandemic. It’s safe to say the importance of digital channels is set to become even more apparent.
But how effectively you grow your online business is largely based on the digital marketing strategy you employ. Shopify is the platform you want to use if you expect fast and tangible results.
According to Shopify & You, over 1.2 million people are actively using Shopify to grow their online business. This platform must be doing something right when it comes to catapulting e-commerce stores to the next level. The stats confirm this. For instance:
- There were over 200 million buyers on the platform in 2018
- Over 135 billion dollars in sales were reported on the platform in October 2019
- Between the periods 2016 and 2019, global economic activity of businesses on Shopify amounted to $319 billion
Shopify is arguably the best e-commerce platform on the market today. It’s user-friendly, secure, and reliable. Plus, it allows you to sell your products directly on your website to a wide target audience. Need we say more?
Thinking of starting your online journey with Shopify? One thing we can promise you is that effectively growing your Shopify business is downright impossible if you don’t incorporate two key digital marketing tools—Google Ads and SEO.
That’s why we’ve taken the liberty to discuss the importance of Google Ads and SEO in today’s article. We’ll explain how you can use these two to grow your Shopify business.
The goal is pretty simple: to get the most out of your online business.
SEO and Shopify
You can’t possibly mention a successful online business without throwing Search Engine Optimisation into the equation. But having an online business is the first step. You actually need customers to find you online. SEO or Search engine optmisation is the tool that makes this possible.
The premise upon which this concept is built on is straightforward: customers search for specific products or services on the Google search engine. You want your company to be amongst the top search results. It’s that simple. Well at least on the surface. If you want to rank you need to use questions that your clients are asking about subjects like this one. And then make sure you are giving them answers they can use like in this article.
How do you incorporate this marketing tool? Follow these simple steps:
- Find keywords that are relevant to your brand. -Try using ubersugest
- Add these keywords to your content, page title and meta descriptions.
- Create engaging, informative and quality content.
- Whatever you do, ensure that any links on your page match your content.
Thankfully, Shopify is fully aware of how SEO can grow your business. This is why the platform has built-in SEO features that you can take advantage of such as the following:
- The platform helps prevents duplicated content from appearing in the search results.
- Your website files are generated automatically.
- Title tags are automatically generated for your Shopify store. But you may want to check them for relevance – ask yourself is this how I would look for my product in Google. If not then make the corrections to match what you would type into google.
- The platform allows you to edit title tags, meta descriptions and links for your blog posts and products where necessary.
Google Ads and Shopify
Here’s a little secret: advertising your business with Google Ads is the key to reaching new customers online. Using Google Ads is the fastest—and simplest—way to boost your return on investment. Why Google? According to Media Post, 73% of the paid search market belongs to Google.
Unlike SEO, using Google Ads allows you to see results right away. Your business can even start generating new sales in just an hour. How’s that for fast results?
So how does this brilliant marketing strategy work? It’s pretty simple really. You pay the platform to have your website ranked at the top of a search results page through the use of keywords.
With most organic strategies such as SEO, you have to wait for months—or even years— before your site is ranked number one on Google Searches. And even so, you have to put in the work. You must constantly put up content with multiple links over a long period of time before you’re worthy of the number one spot. But not with Google Ads.
The platform will let you jump straight to number one. You simply need to do the following:
- Get your budget together. Of course, the first thing you want to do is ascertain how much you can spend on this platform.
- Pick your keyword. What are your customers likely to search for when looking for your products or services? Use Google keyword planner or keyword explorer to help you with this. The idea is to come up with quality and relevant keywords that’ll lead customers to your site.
- The next step is to scan the competition. And yes, it’s important to ascertain which keywords your competitors are using, which of them are working well and ultimately how you can outrank them. Spyfu can give you this information.
- Have a high quality landing page. The last thing you need is for visitors to reach your site only to be met with mediocre content. Make sure your content has the ability to convert your visitors. A user-friendly interface, simple designs, captivating pictures and videos are some of the elements you can include to keep your visitors engaged.
- Set up your Google Adwords campaign to attract more customers.
- Track your progress. Quite frankly the entire process is pretty much useless if you don’t track your conversions.
- Wait for Google to review, accept and run your ad. And you’re in business! Sit back and watch the results start to pour in. But this doesn’t mean you need to be completely idle, regular account maintenance is crucial. You need to constantly check if your keywords are profitable and update accordingly.
Shopify also recognizes the importance of using Google Ads to boost your online business. As a result, the platform allows for the following:
- You can set up Google Ads in your Shopify account.
- Shopify has features such as a Google Shopping app that allow you to sync your products on your site with Google merchant center.
- You can update your product listings directly from your Shopify account
Benefits of Google Ads and SEO to Your Shopify Store
Using Google Ads and SEO will award your Shopify business the following benefits among others:
- Increased brand awareness
- Reach more customers
- Measure your performance better
- Compete effectively
- Improved user experience
- Lower paid search costs
Google Ads and SEO: Your Key to Growing Your Shopify Business
Adopting digital marketing is necessary for any business looking to compete effectively in today’s competitive business environment. Consumer behavior has since shifted from traditional methods of transacting to online purchases. It’s high time your business positions itself accordingly. And taking advantage of the Shopify platform coupled with utilizing Google Ads and SEO is a step in the right direction.
Need more tips and tricks? Contact any one of our digital coaches and we’ll gladly give you sound strategies on how your business can tackle the digital eco-system. The success of your company depends on it!